: July 8th, 2010 - To All NFIRS State Program Managers and USFA Software Users:
The NFIRS 5.0 On-line system will be unavailable beginning Friday, July 9th, 2010 at 7PM EST until approximately 7AM EST Saturday, July 10th to allow for transitioning to a new NFIRS hardware production environment and for the deployment of the new Data Entry Browser Interface (DEBI) and revised Summary Output Reporting Tool web applications.
Users are asked to log off of the system prior to 7PM EST and remain off of the system until an email is sentto users and notice is posted on the NFIRS 5.0 Home page that the maintenance window is complete and all servicesare available. Please note that at the start of the maintenance any pending reports or import/export requests that have not completed will be lost and will need to be re-submitted after the system is back on-line. Send questions and comments to: FEMAfirstname.lastname@example.org Assistance to Firefighter Grant Program Information can be located on the Department of Homeland Security website for firefighter grants:We urge you to notify fire departments in your state that are interested in applying to do so as soon as possible. An applicant tutorial and additional information are available through the following websites: http://www.firegrantsupport.com
GFIRS changes as of January 1, 2008
As of January 1, 2008, the following changes were implemented in the Georgia Fire Incident Reporting System:
- Basic Module, Incident type 100, Fire, other, will require the completion of the fire module. If the fire module is not completed, a critical error will be generated.
- The code "87" (Investigate fire out on arrival) has been added to Action Taken codes.
- If Incident Type 112 (fires in structures other than in a building) is selected as incident type on the Basic Module, the Structure type field entry on the Structure Fire module cannot be 1 enclosed building or 2 fixed portable or mobile structure. Using either one of the codes will result in critical error. Using Property Use code 464 Barracks, dormitory, will require that the Mixed Use Property field be completed. Leaving this field blank will result in a critical error. A critical error will occur for any age in any module that is negative. Novelty lighter, code 877 has been added to the Fire Module's Equipment Involved in Ignition codes.
- Arrival time of 20 minutes or more after the alarm time will generate a warning error.
- Excessive losses warning for Property Loss and/or Contents loss has been increased from $500,000 or $2,000,000.
- The code “V” (the fifth) has been added to the name suffix codes.
- Ethanol, code 28, has been added to the Fire Module’s type of material first ignited codes.
- In the HazMat module, code 49, Criminal Activity, has been added to the Factors Contributing to Release codes.
- The code "V" (the fifth) has been added to Name Suffix codes.
- The Time Arrived at Patient on the EMS module may now be earlier than the Basic Module Arrival
- Date and Time to support situations where non-fire department care is provided.
- In the Structure Fire module, under Building Status, the code for Occupied & operating has been changed to In Normal Use.