SERFF Public Access Instructions
Below are some useful instructions for successful search result:
- Click on the red link on the SERFF Public Access page, https://filingaccess.serff.com/sfa/home/GA.
- Click the Begin Search button.
- Read the User Agreement and select Accept.
- On the Filing Search page, select the Business Type associated with the filings you wish to search. Please note this field is required. Then, complete the remainder of the fields with as many details as possible. The more specific the search criteria provided, the greater the chance of a successful search in the system.
- To select all in the Type of Insurance field, click the small square box on the left above the list of insurance types. Otherwise, make selections from the list. Once all the search criteria have been selected, click Search.
- The Search Results will show how many filings match the selected criteria. Click on each row to open the corresponding filing. Use the back arrow to return to Search Results.
- To view a filing in its entirety, choose Select All in each section of the Attachments section. Or, choose individual items from the list. Once the desired selections have been made, click Download Zip File. Choose Open.
- For Form Filings, the filed policy form(s) can be found in the Form Attachments folder. Click on the folder and open the Adobe Acrobat Document. Use the back arrow to return to the previous screen. Use the same steps to open each of the remaining files. Details regarding the final disposition of the filing may be found in the Adobe Acrobat Document with filing name which matches the SERFF Tracking Number. Use the bookmarks on the left to locate the Disposition page. If there is more than one page labeled Disposition, look for the page with the most recent date to gather information regarding the final outcome of the filing.
- For Rate/Rule filings, details about the originally submitted overall indicated percentage change and the overall percentage rate impact can be found in the Adobe Acrobat Document with filing name which matches the SERRF Tracking Number. The originally filed indicated and selected change figures are found on a page labeled Rate Information. Unfortunately, this page does not show in the list of bookmarked pages on the left hand side of the document. Scroll through the pages of the Adobe document until you find Rate Information on the top left hand side of the filing page. Use the bookmarks to locate the Disposition page. The Disposition provides details regarding the final outcome of the filing upon completion of the Department’s review. The figures on the Rate Information page often differ from those in the Disposition as a result of issues that arise during the course of the review. If there is more than one page labeled Disposition, look for the page with the most recent date to gather information regarding the final outcome of the filing.