The Division of Insurance and Financial Oversight is responsible for the licensing of the following risk-bearing entities:
- Fraternal Benefit Societies
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Life and Health Insurance Companies
- Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs)
- Property and Casualty Insurance Companies
- Provider Sponsored Health Care Corporations (PSHCCs)
- Title Insurers
- Workers’ Comp Group Self Insurance Funds (WCGSIFs)
Of the aforementioned entity types applying for licensure to enter into the Georgia insurance market the “Primary” or “Expansion” application under the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA) would apply. Of note, there is a modified application process for MEWAs.
The Application Coordinator, Kimnese Abdul-Salaam, at (404) 657-7287 will be your contact person.
State-Specific Forms :