PLEASE PRINT THIS PAGE
120-3-23-.03 General Requirements Related to Licenses, Amended Licenses, Permits, Amended Permits, Renewals and Associated Fees.
THIS PAGE and FORM IS FOR RENEWAL OF LICENSES AND PERMITS ONLY
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A NEW LICENSE OR PERMIT, PLEASE EMAIL FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
Portable Fire Extinguisher/Fire Suppression
2017 License and Permit Renewal
Renewals Begin August 1st, 2016
Deadline to Renew November 1st, 2016
Email portable/fire suppression renewals to SFMLicense@sfm.ga.gov
(1) The licenses and permits required by O.C.G.A. Title 25, Chapter 12 and these rules and regulations shall be issued by the Commissioner for each license year beginning January 1 and expiring December 31 of the same year. The application for the renewal of a license or permit shall be filed by November 1.
(2) A license or permit which is invalid because of failure to renew it, shall be restored upon payment of the applicable fee plus a penalty equal to the applicable fee if said fees are paid within ninety (90) days of expiration. After ninety (90) days, the firm and the employees thereof must apply for new licenses and permits as required for an initial license or permit.
(3) Any firm or individual holding a valid license or permit desiring to perform an activity not covered by the current permit may submit an application for an amended license or permit at any time between January 1 and November 1
=Pre-Engineered Kitchen, PEI
=Pre-Engineered Industrial and ESP
=Engineered Fire Suppression Licenses/Permits:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED for RENEWAL:
- Company letter outlining your request in detail; include the types of Licenses you wish to renew along with any change in duties for company or Tech, including change of home address, cell phone numbers, etc.
- Complete Renewal Form GID-221-SF. Please note more than one page requires signatures and/or to be notarized
- Annual Registration with Georgia Secretary of State Corporations Division; copy of current registration
- Copy of Liability Insurance certificate and Surplus Lines Affidavit, if applicable.
- Copy of DOT letter stating your RIN, if your company performs hydrostatic testing; OR separate company letter stating who you subcontract hydrostatic testing to, if you do not do this service
- Certifications and CEU’s for EACH Technician listed in renewal documents. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Color photos of all applicable tags, collars and labels for each type of License. ALL info on tag must be legible on scan! (License Number, Expiration Dates, Address, etc.)
- Applicable fees for each license type and permit renewal. (Amount should equal the total fees for both License(s) and Permit(s) on page one (1) of renewal form)
- Scan ALL the above Completed documents, and copy of check in ONE PDF and email to: SFMLicense@sfm.ga.gov Please use your company name on the subject line of e-mail.
- Mail your company letter and check, payable to: Safety Fire Commissioner
Georgia Department of Insurance
Fire Safety Division
PO Box 935136
Atlanta, GA 31193-5136
Any questions please email SFMLicense@sfm.ga.gov
before emailing your renewal packet
- Do Not include someone who did not have a permit in 2016. They need a new application
- If renewal applicant is not a U. S. citizen, you must include The Citizenship Affidavit Form GID-276-EN with document (must be document listed on the form)
2016 SPRINKLER LICENSE
Deadline to Renew
December 1st, 2015
Email sprinkler renewal to Brendolyn Nichols firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE REGARDING INSPECTOR WAIVER RENEWALS:
SEE 120-3-.07 (2) BELOW!
120-3-19.05 Application to become certificate holder; certificate fee; demonstration of applicant's competence and knowledge; limitations on issuance of certificate; expiration and renewal of certificate.
A certificate holder desiring to renew his or her certificate shall submit a renewal application to the Commissioner and remit therewith a renewal fee of $150.00 for the upcoming year, between August 1st and no later than December 1st of the current year.
120-3-19.06 Licensing of each location; application; fee; prerequisites
A fire protection sprinkler contractor license shall expire annually on December 31st of each year. A license holder desiring to renew his or her license shall submit a renewal application to the Commissioner and remit a renewal fee of $75.00 for the upcoming year, between August 1st and no later than December 1st of the current year.
120-3-19.07 Inspector's License
) Prior to obtaining a license, the applicant shall demonstrate evidence of his or her competence and employment by a sprinkler contractor by successfully completing a competency test. Newly hired applicants, not currently licensed, shall have twenty-four months from the date they are hired to pass all work elements for NICET Level III Certification in Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems. No first time applicant shall change their place of employment and be considered as "new applicant". Current license holders shall have twenty-four months from the effective date of these regulations, to pass all work elements for NICET Level III Certification in Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems. If these requirements are not met, within the time allotted, the license shall be returned to this office within ten working days after the twenty-four months have lapsed, and shall become null and void. The license shall not be re-issued until these requirements are met.
A fire protection sprinkler system inspector license shall expire annually on December 31st of each year. A license holder desiring to renew his or her license shall submit a renewal application to the Commissioner and remit a renewal fee of $75.00 for the upcoming year, between August 1st and no later than December 1st of the current.
120-3-19.08 Fire protection systems designer license
A fire protection system designer license shall expire on December 31st of each year. A license holder desiring to renew his or her license shall submit a renewal application to the Commissioner and remit a renewal fee of $75.00 for the upcoming year, between August 1st and no later than December 1st of the current year.
1. Company letter outlining your request in detail including any changes from last issuances.
2. Copy of check and company letter included with renewal scan ( mail only letter and check to lockbox)
3. Insurance certificate & Surplus Lines Affidavit if applicable
4. Certification certificate for Certificate of Competency ( NICET LEVEL III OR BETTER IN LAYOUT)
5. Inspectors certification ( NICET III in inspection & testing) (if renewing)
6. If renewal applicant is not a U. S. citizen include Citizenship affidavit form with document
7. Testing information from NICET in inspections and testing or letter showing next test date (if renewing on a waiver)
8. Designer license certification certificate ( One of these: current PE LICENSE in GA or NICET LAYOUT level II) (optional)
9. Applicable renewal fees for each license renewal
10. Color photo of tags in one photo: three up and three down in color photo-front & back ( must be clear on zoom)
11. Scan document in one PDF file and email to email@example.com
12. Read the rules and regulations R&R 120-3-19
13. Complete Renewal Form GID-221-SF
14. Mail the company letter and check to lockbox ( address is item#16)
15. Payable to: Safety Fire Commissioner
16. MAIL TO:
Georgia Department of Insurance
Fire Safety Division
P.O. Box 935136
Atlanta, GA 31193-5136
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
before emailing your renewal