Office of Insurance and Safety Fire CommissionerRalph T. Hudgens
Home Agents Agencies Insurers Fire Marshal Industrial Loan Consumer Services Premium Tax Legal Fraud

Surplus Line Brokers Frequently Asked Questions

Resident Surplus Lines Broker

  • Must also hold or apply for property and casualty agent license.
  • Passing score on Surplus Lines Broker examination. For information regarding examination procedures, click here.
  • Completion of form GID-103. To print application, click here.
  • Completion of $50,000 surplus lines broker bond. To print bond, click here.
  • Payment of $615.
  • Waiver of examination can be granted if applicant holds CPCU designation. Must attach proof of CPCU designation to application.
  • Waiver of examination can be granted if applicant was previously licensed for same lines in prior home state; license in that state must be active at the time of moving to Georgia, applicant must attach original clearance letter from prior home state and must apply for licensure within 90 days of the date of the move to Georgia

Nonresident Surplus Lines Broker

  • Completion of Nonresident Uniform Application for Individual Producer. To print application, click here.
  • Original certification letter dated within 90 days from resident state.
  • Payment of $615.


EmploymentE-VerifyTechnical Contact9/3/2015 3:10:21 PM- UsPrivacy PolicyLaws & Regs